Sunday, June 1, 2008

Craw Fish


I went to a craw fish boil Saturday night. I had never eaten one before neither had Chara. She was helping Les take them out of the ice chest to put in the cooker. They were still alive.


We put whole red potatoes, corn on the cob, small onions and lemon halves in with the craw fish and shrimp. There was also a spice mix added. All was cooked together and dumped on newspaper on a table. Everyone stood over the trash can and peeled and ate. Les showed Chara how to suck the goodies out of the head before you ate the tail, I passed on this part. The craw fish was O.K. the shrimp was wonderful as was the corn, very spicy. The young people played horse shoes and a short game of basketball, then Chara entertained us on her guitar. It was to dark to get pic.s of her singing. We had a good time. I may try cooking this sometime it was fun.

5 comments:

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

i, for one, am so very proud of both of you for even trying such a deeeeelectible cajun delicacy! Chara actually went for the goodies? There is hope for that girl yet! No wonder she looked just a little more complete today...i am just proud as a cajun fried catfish po boy!

Bag Blog said...

Crawdads can be good, but I would have feasted on the shrimp - less work.

Inquiries said...

YUM! I love craw fish.

Buck said...

Ooooh and Aaaah! I loves me some crawdads, too. Yet another thing I don't get here and have to travel for...

Lou is right: They are a lot of work for what you get, tho. But worth it... to me.

Course of Perfection said...

I may try cooking this sometime it was fun.

Change the crawdads to crab & count me in! My boys & I love a crab boil! I could eat the onions & corn all day.

As for the crawdads, I can't get past the "mustard". :^P

Looks like yummy fun!