Saturday, May 17, 2008

Semi-Finals


We went back to OKC for round 2 Friday afternoon. It was at Crossroads Mall. I don't think I have been there since high school. It seemed much smaller


Chara went on at 6:00. We got there early so I watched all the people, I am a people watcher. I could sit for hours just looking, hey, I think I have gotten to do that many times while waiting on my children. Good thing I like it. Chara went down to the Carousel away from the crowd to warm up. They sent 23 on to the semi-finals and yes Chara got sent through. She is pretty excited. First place wins $500.00 cash, $2,000 in Crossroads merchandise, and some recording time. There were a lot of good voices there, I enjoyed watching all the young people compete. Only 2 played there own music, Chara and another girls about her age that looked a lot like her. She also made it through to the next round. So it looks like I will get to do some more people watching in June.

9 comments:

Becky G said...

Congratulations to Chara for making it through! Good luck in the next round.

I always wished I could sing, but it's not one of the talents I was blessed with.

Bag Blog said...

Yeha! Chara is talented and beautiful. She should do well.

Sea-gal said...

Woo-Hoo! We are not surprised! When I talked to Chara yesterday to ask how it went, she just rather nonchalantly (sp) said, "Oh, I made it through." Very cool under pressure. I like to people watch, too. Maybe I'll go with you to people watch next time, if you invite me :):)!

Inquiries said...

Congratulations Chara!

Junk Diva said...

Becky : Thank you, I wasn't blessed in that area either. Just ask my kids.

Lou: Thanks

Sea-gal: Heck ya, come next time, EVERBODY come. We can cheer for her, maybe the judges will be influenced by all our noise.

Ash: Thanks

Buck said...

Cograts to Chara... and great pics!

I had to google Crossroads Mall, just to place it. It's been over 20 years since I left OKC...but yeah, I've been there. I think. ;-)

Course of Perfection said...

Candyopolis is THE place to hang out while you waiting for Chara to go on!

mornin'lady said...

Amazing girl!!! and an amazing Mom!
Love you guys!

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

I got the same reaction from her on Sunday...

me: How'd it go?

C: Oh...i made it to the next round...

me: what? next round of what?

C: What are YOU talking about?

me: The winery last night...

C: Oh that! yeah it was a little weird, but it was ok...

then we talked about the contest...she should never have any problems writing songs, she's got plenty of fodder.