Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Simply Sweet

Friday Bre and I went to my nephews wedding. It was a very simple, yet sweet small wedding.It was at Roman Nose Park in Watonga Oklahoma. I grew up playing at this park. My nephew Joey , his wife Brook, their boys Finley and Porter making the trek through the woods to the spring where the wedding was held. This is the natural spring where the wedding took place. The Bride and groom stood on the rocks at the far side of the spring.The very cold creek that flows from the spring, we used to freeze playing in that creek. Dragonflies, they were so pretty flying around the spring during the wedding.Flower girl, Oh! so cute.
The wedding party, it was very casual, they wore things they already had. Nothing rented, no fuss.The Bride and Groom during the wedding, her mother made her dress. She wanted to wear jeans, but her Mom convinced her to wear a dress, she was glad she did. She was so pretty.

>

The only seating at the wedding was a few lawn chairs for the Grandparents and the Moms and Dads. Everyone else stood or found what ever seats were available. These girls sat on this tree during the ceremony.
The reception was at a campground dining hall at the park. The wedding cake was a cupcake tree. It was wonderful.The brides Mom has a catering service, needless to say the food was awesome.
The table decorations were simple and sweet, like the whole wedding. I enjoyed it so much, it was a low cost, low stress. My kind of wedding.








7 comments:

Course of Perfection said...

Okay...I thought the pic of Joey & his family was the pic of the bride & groom. The guy's white shirt behind her looked like a veil. I thought the bottom half of her wedding dress was green.

I am VERY impressed with the bride & groom standing on those rocks. I would not be coordinated enough to pull that off. That is a sweet pic.

I agree with you, this is a great way to do a wedding...sweet & simple. I absolutely love the pictures!

Sea-gal said...

My day has been de-stressed with these pictures! Looks like a real fairy tale wedding. Thank you for sharing the pics!! SIMPLY wonderful. :)

Buck said...

I enjoyed it so much, it was a low cost, low stress. My kind of wedding.

Mine, too. I've always thought multi-thousand dollar weddings were such a waste of both money and energy. And I've been to more than a few weddings in my time, too. The simple ones have always been the best ones.

Half Pint said...

I'm glad to see it wasn't goth! It turned out pretty.I'm sure Donna was relieved ;)

Junk Diva said...

Cop: The rock thing was kind of tricky, but they pulled it off.


Sea: Thank you, It was kind of fairy tale-ish. Although she is not a fairy tale kind of girl.


Buck: Me too! I much prefer this type of wedding. I guess I'm just simple!

Half-Pint: I was relieved also, I was afraid it was going to be a big redneck wedding. I think her Mom pretty much did things. But she was great, very pleasant. I was much impredded.

Junk Diva said...

Half-Pint: Or maybe I was impressed, instead of impedded. LOL

Bag Blog said...

Simple and elegant is my kind of wedding. I like the decorations of nature.