Monday, March 17, 2008

The Fence

Yesterday my family spent the day building the long awaited fence. We have been in this house for over 2 years and have shared the yard with the horses. I love flowers and gardening, but have not been able. So I settled for growing a few things in pots on my porch. I would pull them out into the sun of a morning and then back so the horses wouldn't eat them. As you can see from the photo it didn't stop Penny, she couldn't resist those dark purple petunias, they were the first to go, everything else followed. Penny is like a big dog, she follows you around until you pet her. Hope she doesn't want to become a lap dog. I took pictures of them building fence yesterday and wanted to post them, but can't find them in my program. There are thousands of pic.'s in this computer. I need to figure out how to organize them, I spent hours on here trying to find what I want. I think I need my own personal Tech. Support. Any takers?

7 comments:

Becky G said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the horse on the porch! That is just too funny! I know you're going to enjoy your fence! Can't help you with the pictures, though. I have bunches of them on my computer. I like taking them, but don't like fiddling with the files, so most of them just sit there until the hard drive crashes or something.

Inquiries said...

Sounds like my horses. One tried to ride in the golf cart!

Organization is my thing. I like organizing other peoples things. Odd yes but true. Ask Lou! (Ask her about the paint)

File the pictures by date. That will help. There should be a setting in the program that allows that. It will make the easier to find.

P.S. Thank you for the boot pictures. They are great! Who is the artist?

Bag Blog said...

That is one heck of a strong porch. Horses can be so funny. We have had our share of horses that thought they were lap dogs.

I think you should hire Ashley as your tech support. She's good at organizing.

mornin'lady said...

This is hilarious! I've heard the stories, but the picture, lol!!!! Looks like your having extra company for supper, are you fixing a LARGE salad?? They say pansy's are edible and I've seen salads done up real pretty with them on certain cooking shows, apparently Penny has watched the same shows while she's standing on the porch looking into those french doors of yours.
Lou-That is one heck of a strong porch.
That's not any old porch that's a porch that Randy's built and we have a saying around our parts- If there is ever a tornado, just get under something Randy's built.

Junk Diva said...

Becky: It took my awhile to see the humor!

Ash: Organization, what is that word?

Lou: Maybe I could paint this pic?

Dawn: So true about Randy, I always said he could never build a trinket box. He would still use 2x4's and 16 penny nails.

Buck said...

That's a GREAT photo!!

And speaking of photos... A good image management app is almost a necessity for dealing with lotsa digital pics (and I have about three or four gigs of digital pics stretching back over ten years). I use ACDSee, but it's not free. Picasa, on the other hand IS free and is highly rated by all the computer rags. Lou uses Picasa, or has in the past.

Neblina said...

This is Strange... Nice hearing from you. tell everyone I said Hi!