Saturday, April 5, 2008

Busy Day

I went to a garage sale yesterday morning. I bought this lovely green lawn furniture. There are 5 pieces, I paid $10.00 for all 5 pieces. I also bought this bamboo coffee table there for $1.oo.
This table has 4 chairs with it. Nice sturdy set. But someone had put 2 layers of contact paper on the table top, then glued wrapping paper on top of that. What a mess. I have been working at getting it all off. I paid $25.00 for the set.
I bought this old high chair last summer during the " Worlds Largest Garage Sale". It had a cute decal on it, but the chair was very dirty. I couldn't get it clean so I sanded it and is going to be painted. I worked on all of these projects this morning mostly cleaning them. I hope to get to paint tomorrow afternoon.

I took a break from junk to go with Chara to rope. I am the runner of the chute you know. Our friend Jay went with us so she could practice heading and healing. By the time they were getting good that poor calf was worn out.





This is a pic. of Jay practicing "real" cowboy skills. I enjoyed watching them. I did get to paint a few items when we got home. Hopefully I will get to post finished furniture tomorrow.

5 comments:

Becky G said...

Looks like you got some good bargains. Around here, garage sales usually start at 5 AM and all the good stuff is gone by 7 or 8 AM. If I don't have to work, I'm not even out of bed by then.

Inquiries said...

Nice Diva. When I see you in person I almost call you Diva.

Bag Blog said...

Looks like work to me. As for the calves, the ones we use to rope were family pets. They did not always appreciate being chased and roped.

Course of Perfection said...

I wish I was a Junk Diva. I'm just a junk maker. :( Can't wait to see the finished furniture!

Junk Diva said...

Ash: You can call me Diva, cause I am one ya know. LOL



Becky: The trick is to stop at ALL sales ANYTIME you see one. You have to shop a lot to find much good stuff.

Bag: Not a happy calf.

COP: Everyone wants to be me.