Friday, April 4, 2008

Wine Tasting

I went to a wine tasting last night at Legends winery in Lindsey. I went with Half-Pint over at The Strange Brew, she has already blogged about it. We had pretty much the same opinion on the wines. I also discovered I am not a Red Zinfandel fan. These bottles are the wines we tasted. I preferred Legends then Francis Ford Coppola. The rest were just not my cup of wine. It was very interesting learning about aroma, about the color of the wines, the taste and after taste. Pretty cool.
The guy in the red shirt is the wine master. He grows his own grapes, and makes all his own wines. The wines are made from recipes that were passed down through the generations.
This is a small part of the vineyard. The grapes are just beginning to leaf out. Different grapes make different wines. This is 2 kinds of grapes. The weather looked a little bad to the north when we got there. We watched the News 9 chopper circle around in the storm. The storm blew over pretty quick.
This view is of the front of the winery. The patio area faces the south and the west. I have seen some beautiful sunsets from that patio. Go read The Strange Brew she talks a lot more about the wines.

4 comments:

Course of Perfection said...

I love the picture of the grape vines. Ever think of making wine from possum grapes? ;) I had no idea there was a winery in Lindsey! Thanks for sharing.

Junk Diva said...

I have tasted possum grape wine. It was homemade, too sweet for me. I thinks they put in too much sugar.

Bag Blog said...

You and Skybag blog alike - lots of pictures with captions. I like it.

Buck said...

Great pics, indeed. I really like the subject matter, too! ;-)